04 Jun The Politics of Fashion: DC UNBOXED Premieres!
“The Politics of Fashion: DC UNBOXED,” the first ever feature film about fashion in Washington DC premiered on June 3 by sponsor Mazza Gallerie at AMC Mazza Gallerie in Washington DC to reviews
& coverage by Bloomberg, Voice of America (International), The
Georgetowner, Washington City Paper, Northern Virginia Magazine, Washingtonian and mo re. The Politics of Fashion: DC UNBOXED tells the little known story about the fashion landscape in DC and takes you on a journey from the perception of DC fash ion by the outside world, through its evolution in retail, style, and business, to the debate about whether or not DC fashion is heading towards a true industry.
The film features 40+ industry insiders including national & local influencers:
- Robin Givhan Pulitzer winning Fashion Writer & Writer Washington Post
- Miss J Alexander Runway Coach Extraordinaire
- Lynda Erkiletian President THE
Artist Agency & cast member of Bravo’s Real Housewives of DC
- Kate Bennett Fashion Editor
- Susan Cannaday OVP/GM Bloomingdales
- Marissa Schneider Senior Curator Gilt City DC
- Christopher Reiter Owner Muleh
- Will Thomas Co-Anchor Fox5 DC
- Aba Kwawu President TAAPR and many more (full cast list on IMDb).